Re: [opensuse] KDE4 multirow task manager prob?
  • From: Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 12:36:51 +0100
- When there is one application running, the "button" in the task
manager spans the entire width of the available space in the task
manager

Well, not the whole width- about 75mm of it.

On my desktop, with a single application running, the button spans the
entire width of the available space in the task manager... if I take
out things so the task manager has more room, the application button
expands.

Not a showstopper, but... still it's annoying :-P

- If I set the Maximum Rows to 1, it still insists on 2 rows unless I
open the Task Manager Settings.. then to drops back to 1 row.

Right-click on any desktop icon in the taskbar, select Pager Settings,
select 1 Row and exit. 1 row will then be always shown -- at least it
has been so here.

Right... and that kinda works here... but not always.. it's now really
hit/miss if it works right.. sometimes I have a single row.. sometimes
multirow. I'd actually opt for multirow, but when I try that I get a
bunch of really skinny app buttons all of which.. guess what... span
the entire width of the space available to the task manager.

I tried creating a new user and testing the defaults... but all I get
is a black screen... no desktop.

Oh well.. I can wait on the next build :-)

C.