Re: [opensuse] SMART daemon question
  • From: Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 12:05:35 +0100
Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
I have to ask, even though I know the probable answer: I am getting the
following log messages on a machine running 11.0. The disk is a IDE
disk. Could there be any software issues that cause this message to be
given when it should not? Could I have something configured wrong? Or
should I trust that a disk is becoming an ex-disk?

Device: /dev/sdc, SMART Prefailure Attribute: 1 Raw_Read_Error_Rate
changed from 50 to 49
Device: /dev/sdc, SMART Usage Attribute: 195 Hardware_ECC_Recovered
changed from 50 Device: /dev/sda, SMART Usage Attribute: 199
UDMA_CRC_Error_Count changed from 91 to 1
Device: /dev/sdb, SMART Prefailure Attribute: 1 Raw_Read_Error_Rate
changed from 59 to 56
Device: /dev/sdb, SMART Usage Attribute: 194 Temperature_Celsius changed
from 43 to 42
Device: /dev/sdb, SMART Usage Attribute: 195 Hardware_ECC_Recovered
changed from 59 to 56
Device: /dev/sdc, SMART Prefailure Attribute: 1 Raw_Read_Error_Rate
changed from 49 to 48
Device: /dev/sdc, SMART Usage Attribute: 195 Hardware_ECC_Recovered
changed from 49 to 48

I'm not totally familiar with the SMART tools more than these types of
messages. Is there a command that could provide more information on what
is going on?

Thanks for any help.

command is smartctl -a `disk you want`

what every line means you can find on internet. (if something change it
needn't mean that disk goind to heaven)

JR