Re: [opensuse] HPLIP and ink status
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 06:12:28 -0700

For my LaserJet P2015, the toner cartridge model numbers are Q7553A
and Q7553X (I think the A/X distinction is typical for the low/high
capacity variants).

I just did a google search for CB540X and didn't find any. Maybe in
this case there is only the 'A'.

Nor did I. Perhaps having four toner cartridges makes it impractical to
design a unit of that size for dual-capacity cartridges.

So, at 1000 pages, each page would cost 0.241€, and half that at
2000 pages.

That's much lower than what I get, but I assume yours is B/W only.

Yes. It's a black-and-white printer.

I have seen a lower price for my toners, at 195€ the four, which would
then be 0.195€ or 0.0975€ depending on the yield. I'm not sure if I
did my numbers right, seems expensive...

I was surprised to see the range of prices for toner cartridges. Perhaps
the cheap ones are after-market (I didn't pay close attention).

Even so, the colour cartridge for my printer was about 60€ and did
not yield 100 pages. At that price, the toner is cheaper.

I'd be quite surprised to find a case where ink-jet cost-per-page was
less than that of a laser printer, for a reasonable comparison (color
vs. color, e.g.).

Ha! I'll write this on a postit. Next time I print a page, I'll look
at it before sending... >:-}

Randall Schulz