Re: [opensuse] HPLIP and ink status
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 21:13:26 +0200 (CEST)

On Tuesday, 2008-10-21 at 11:22 -0700, Randall R Schulz wrote:

It seems they're pretty "conservative" in their reporting of remaining
toner. A couple of months ago my LaserJet 2015 lit its "toner low"
light on the front panel. I ordered a new cartridge at the time, but
I've since printed hundreds of pages and there's no sign (on the
printed pages) that it's actually running out of toner. And as soon as
the light came on I tried the "shake the cartridge" tactic, but the
light never went out.

Mine has a setting to either stop when the toner is estimated to be too low, or to ignore it. In this case the manual warns to watch the output to see when printing starts to fail.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.