Re: [opensuse] Bye bye SuSE?
  • From: Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 21:12:41 +0200
Well, I don't know how far KDE 4.x will be when 11.1 comes out. Judging by
4.1.2 and Sebastian K├╝gler's interview in the same magazin (more plasmoids
and new features and not a single word about bringing back the "old"
fonctionalities) it seems I should quickly look for a replacement
distribution........

Ummm what makes you think that all the other major distributions will
not be doing the exact same thing? All distros will be packaging KDE4
as well. This is NOT an openSUSE only thing.... as in openSUSE are
not the only ones with KDE4.

You are welcome to choose whichever distro suits your needs, but
thinking that switching to RandomDistroX will "save" you from KDE4 is
very short sighted. RandomDistroX will be shipping with KDE4 too
before too long.

C.