Re: [opensuse] Re: openSuSE 11 on a EEEPC 701
  • From: Ruben Safir <ruben@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 14:13:01 -0400
On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 11:26:31AM +0200, Herbert Graeber wrote:
Dave Howorth schrieb:
Ruben Safir wrote:
openSUSE installs fine on the EEEPCs. Have a look into the wiki and you
will find everything you need, including the drivers, which are
currently spread over multiple BuildService repositories.

With openSUSE 11.1 the current EEEPC hardware should work out of the box.

^^^^

It didn't but I'm going to reinstall it more carefully. The thing is,
if the network drivers aren't in the kernel then drivers on the
repositories aren't that helpul.

Ruben
FWIW - from the WIKI

openSUSE 11.0

^^^^

Different version?

The wiki entry has orginally bee written for openSUSE 10.3. But all
drivers are available for openSUSE 11.0, too.

I'm trying to install them now. Is 1.1 out? I just downloaded the DVD
2 days ago.

I'm not sure how to install the madwifi driver. There is are several
levels of changes which are confusing me not the least of which is that
the RPM program seems to think everything is not installed while Yast
seems to know everything is installed.

I'm not certain what the name of the madwifi driver even is or where it
was installed in order to depmode it and modprobe it.

Ruben

Herbert

So many immigrant groups have swept through our town that Brooklyn, like
Atlantis, reaches mythological proportions in the mind of the world - RI Safir
1998

"The tremendous problem we face is that we are becoming sharecroppers to our
own cultural heritage -- we need the ability to participate in our own society."

You must be a stupid engineer then, because politcs and technology have been
attached at the hip since the 1st dynasty in Ancient Egypt. I guess you missed
that one."

© Copyright for the Digital Millennium