Re: [opensuse] How to configure IP,Gteway, DNS on OpenSuse 10.2
  • From: "Yudi Purwanto" <yudi.pwt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 09:07:00 +0700
Hi Satoru

I have tried your direction yesterday
but i'm still confusing when filling 'domain name' or 'domain search'
box. because we donn't use domain. for testing i fill those value with
'workgroup'

Untill now, when i try to search those hostname ('linux' or
'linux.workgroup') from Windows PC, it can't be found. But when i try
to ping the IP address from Windows, the Linux was able to reply the
ping command

What the synonim for 'ipconfig' in OpenSuse?

Hi Kai, actually i just want to include OpenSuse in our existing
workgroup and install MySQL database server on it. The other PC (Win
XP) will run the application which i still developed using VB6 to
access MySQL and store the data on it.

Thanks