[opensuse] How to configure IP,Gteway, DNS on OpenSuse 10.2
  • From: "Yudi Purwanto" <yudi.pwt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 10:20:28 +0700
Hello all Linux Experts....

I'm new in linux. Currently i'm using Open Suse 10.2 (i586). I get
some problem on how to connect my WinXP to my OpenSuse. I dont
understand on how to configure the network susc as IP address,
gateway, and DNS on Linux. I have tried to ping IP address of my Win
XP from Linux ---> it's work well
But, when i try to ping Linux IP from My WinXP --> it's report that
destination unreacable.

if i success in connecting OpenSuse and myWinXP, i plan to attached
MySQL database server on MyOpenSuse. I plan to use OpenSuse as my
small server. Currently i'm still developing small client application
using VB and MySQL to handle inventory system.

Thank before

Yudi Purwanto