Re: [opensuse] Upgrade to OpenSUSE 11
  • From: Dave Plater <dave.plater@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 10:21:32 +0200
Verner Kjærsgaard wrote:

Ray Madigan skrev:
I had a machine hard drive go south so I upgraded that machine to
opensuse
11. I have other machines in my lab and I want to upgrade them from
11.0. I have tried to find some information in the documentation, but I
couldn't find a thread. My highest priority is to have smooth running
machines.

Is it better to start from a bare hard drive and reinstall everything
or to
upgrade the current installation if this is even possible?

Will it keep all/some of my applications/settings?

If the answer is written somewhere point me near it and I will ferret out
the answer myself. I appreciate your help.

Hi if its any help, I attempted an upgrade from 9.1 to 10.3 but ended up with a
lot of dependency problems and did not
succeed.
Regards
Dave P