[opensuse] knetworkmanager stopped working
  • From: "Anton Moiseev" <benderamp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 19:26:09 +0400
Hi,

I had to switch off the notebook in a bad way - by holding the power
key. After rebooting knetworkmanager
stopped connecting to wireless networks. I can see the network list,
but when I click on the network name
the tray icon just stays gray and nothing happens. It even does not
try to do anything - previously the tray
icon changed to blue gear at least for a half of second, even if the
connection could not be established - now
it just remains gray all the time.

I did try to remove knetworkmanager config file from ~/.kde dir, tried
to login as another user, tried to remove
NetworkManager-kde package and install it again - nothing helped here.

I have installed gnome and tried its native networkmanaged applet -
this one did work. Knetworkmanager still
does not. What else can I do here?

thank's