Re: [opensuse] We Lost One! :(
  • From: "Dotan Cohen" <dotancohen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 10:03:17 +0300
2008/9/24 Amedee Van Gasse <amedee@xxxxxxxxx>:
The only things I need Windows (or Mac) for is my tax software and my
piano tuning software - that's it !!!!!!

So actually you are saying that Linux is not yet perfect, not even for
your use. It could only reach your standard of perfection when you are
able to run your tax software and your piano tuning software on it.

The key word here is "perfect". While I can agree on an asymptotic
approximation of the concept of total perfection (omega point or whatever
you want to call it) but that is still very far from the current state of
Linux, that I call "adequate" (or "good enough").

My apologies for being a dictionary worm, but choosing the right words can
be very important, especially in written communication where you loose all
nonverbal modes of communication.

My thoughts exactly.

What are the names of the Tax software and piano tuning software? Have
you written to the authors and let them know that there is interest in
running their software in Linux?

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com