Re: [opensuse] KDE4 etc
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 18:24:18 -0500
On Sunday 14 September 2008 04:37:06 pm Larry Stotler wrote:
On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 5:18 PM, Rajko M. <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Well those both are better than my current.

What card are you running?

Built in GeForce 6100, but I have FX 5200 in another computer and I know it is
better.

Later I found nepomuk running. It has almost the same purpose as beagle,
so I have 2 identical services running. Second, in another mail to Mark
Miskulich, I mentioned 2 bugs that are recently fixed, and each increased
memory usage.

Great. Another useless desktop search. I really think you should be
asked if you want to use that stuff instead of it being a default.
The KDE3 LiveCD doesn't install Beagle by default which is nice.

I didn't gave much attention to it, but even if it is YA-UDSE, it is at least
written in faster compiled code, not on top of YA byte code engine.

When I used Stable repository, there was little or no updates, so I don't
think it is much backported. See http://en.opensuse.org/KDE4 for
description. The KDE4 factory is now 4.1.1 which has many features that
are missing in 4.0.4. including option to disable gimmicks (desktop
effects).

Well, I installed KDE4 recently on this thinkpad from the OSS repo and
got 4.1, so I'm not sure what the status of KDE4 is in 11.0. Maybe
one of the devs can shed a light on that.....

Maybe trough update repository, the OSS does not change.

zypper if kdebase4
will reveal where it comes from.

--
Regards, Rajko