Re: [opensuse] #2 SL DVD content to #1 DL DVD?
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 11:53:06 -0400
On 2008/09/13 21:46 (GMT+0800) Joe Morris composed:

On 09/13/2008 09:33 PM, Felix Miata wrote:

I have 2 movies (#1 and sequel) recorded off satellite onto 2 DVDs that I
want to copy onto 1 DL DVD without any quality degradation. Is it possible to
get both movies onto 1 DL DVD without having to play each movie and capture
it to disk, which would degrade the quality? My standalone HD DVD recorder is
too old to know what a recordable DL DVD is, otherwise that's how I would do
it.

I believe you could loop mount the iso's, which if they are DVD videos
should be vob files under VIDEO_TS, and burn those files under a new dvd
project in k3b. I would suggest using Devede though to create a nice
menu, and set it to only create the dvd structure, and add those vob
files with it, then burn the resulting files under its VIDEO_TS
directory with K3b.

I copied VIDEO_TS from each DVD to VIDEO_TS[1,2] on HD, then tried to open
Devede. It claims dep to both mplayer and mencoder. YaST2 can't find mencoder
to install. Is that like videolan in needing some special repository to be
configured (I'm on 10.2)? software.opensuse.org/search can't find it either. :-(

Even if I had them, your instructions aren't clear what to do with Devede vs.
what to do with K3B. :-S
--
"Unless the Lord builds the house, its builders labor
in vain." Psalm 127:1 NIV

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/