Re: [opensuse] Every time I power up the printer, I'm promted to configure it - again.
  • From: ka1ifq <ka1ifq@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 11:58:26 -0400
On Thursday 11 September 2008 02:42:20 pm Carlos E. R. wrote:
Every time I power up the printer or the computer, I'm prompted to enter
my root password to configure the new printer - which is already
configured and I do not want to modify.

Is this avoidable? Is this a bug?

I'm using opensuse 11.0 and gnome.
--
Cheers,
Carlos E. R.

I had this problem w/ 10.3 and there was a config option somewhere that kept
the info 'persistant' even if the printer was removed. Sorry I do not
remember what it was that I changed, If I find it i'll post it.

Mike