Re: [opensuse] Every time I power up the printer, I'm promted to configure it - again.
  • From: Johannes Meixner <jsmeix@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 08:51:53 +0200 (CEST)

On Sep 11 20:42 Carlos E. R. wrote:
Every time I power up the printer or the computer, I'm prompted
to enter my root password to configure the new printer - which
is already configured and I do not want to modify.

Is this avoidable? Is this a bug?

I'm using opensuse 11.0 and gnome.

And there is nothing visible (e.g. a window title or something
like this) which indicates which program it is what shows
up this stuff?

And there are also no ckeck boxes like
[ ] configure it now
[ ] do not configure it now, but come up later again
[ ] go away and do not come up again for this device
[ ] get lost and never come up again for any device

Strange software.

By the way:
I neither use Gnome nor KDE. I use only a plain window manager.
There are too many "friendly" and "helpful" automatisms
in the desktop systems which annoy me - which does of course
not mean that the desktop systems are not the right thing
for usual users.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
AG Nuernberg, HRB 16746, GF: Markus Rex