Re: [opensuse] in thunderbird, all my saved list mails not showing, but still in file [SOLVED]
  • From: Damon Register <damon.w.register@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 08:21:55 -0400
David C. Rankin wrote:
It wasn't pretty, but you can, for the most part, recover all accidentally deleted files in a thunderbird mailbox. The key is the mail header line containing "X-Mozilla-Status: xxxx" where xxxx is a four hex-digit code for the messages status (new, read, forwarded, replied, deleted, etc...). I attempted to do this by script, but ran into limitations with the bash builtin "read" stripping leading whitespace from the mail header lines so I ended up doing a simple search and replace in vi using %s/X-Mozilla-Status: xxxx/X-Mozilla-Status: yyyy/ to update the values to undelete the messages.
I ran into this problem a year ago at work and since I had a lot of
folders, I wrote my own C++ program to fix all the folders. Your post
just reminded me of that so I found my old program which I will need
because I just had this problem at home. When I found this problem
the first time, I learned about the fix after searching Mozilla. Since
this is a known problem, I don't know why Thunderbird doesn't have a
repair tool.

Damon Register