Re: [opensuse] Printer Recommendation?
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 11:23:16 +0200
On Wed, 2008-09-03 at 04:33 -0400, Andrew Joakimsen wrote:
On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 3:35 AM, Johannes Meixner <jsmeix@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I think you should clarify when you post "free" what exactly that word
means in your context.

What "free software" means (I didn't write only "free",
I wrote explicitely "free software") in particular
in the context of GNU/Linux is perfectly clear.

Perhaps it should be called 'open source'/ 'closed source' instead of
'free'/'proprietary'. Meaning that the source is available. Which
usually means that it can be compiled locally and distributed, as long
as the licenses are adhered to. 'free'/'proprietary' have too many other
possible meanings. And the terms 'open source'/ 'closed source' are
already used in this context. So why not just use them.

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST

Ramböll Sverige AB
Kapellgränd 7
P.O. Box 4205
SE-102 65 Stockholm, Sweden

Office: Int +46 8-615 60 20
Mobile: Int +46 70-815 1696

And remember:

It is like talking about large city with all constructions finished.
Not impossible, but very unlikely.