Re: HP & Linux support (was [opensuse] Printer Recommendation?)
  • From: russbucket <russbucket@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 19:21:59 -0700
On Monday 01 September 2008 06:02:03 pm John E. Perry wrote:
Duaine & Laura Hechler wrote:
Jerry Feldman wrote:

<snip>

Having been employed by HP in the Linux area, I know that HP spends a
lot of bucks in the Linux area.

OH DO THEY NOW..........then why doesn't my HP dvd640 drive burn DL
DVD's --

Be interesting to know where all those bucks go. Their "tech" support
even forced me to buy a new hard drive so I could wipe suse and my ext3
home partition off the original before they would answer questions about
whether I had hardware problems or not.

It wasn't even enough that these were separate partitions in a dual-boot
setup.

(And yes, I had pressed the issue until I got to at least one level
above the bottom-feeders in India.)

John Perry

John just add HP to the list of Lazy vendors. I get the same response from
Lite-on and I/Omagic on their DVD drives. MS sure buys a lot of people! I
tryed to get a diagnostic from Maxtor for one of their drives and got the
same answer, but searching Seagate site I found a cli diagnostic for Linux
that worked fine, neither the Maxtor or Seagate support people new about it.
Same company Seagate owns Maxtor.

If you find a good DVD thats supported please post whos it is. I need a drive
I can depend on.

Sorry slightly off topic.

--
Russ