Re: [opensuse] Vista on VirtualBox
  • From: "John Andersen" <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 10:22:28 -0700
On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 10:02 AM, Andrew Joakimsen <joakimsen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Not that I particularly like Vista but is opensuse "practical" without
Compiz? Is the "experiance" "bad" without Compiz? I wouldn't say yes
to either.

So what if you don't have pretty transparant graphics and a nice
effect when you minimize a windowYou sill have UAC and the making of
everything that used to be 1-2 mouse clicks away 3-4 mouse clicks away

If you substitute the phrase "certain rarely used things" for the word
"everything"
your statement is correct. Really, the whole UAC thing is way overblown.

I run into one maybe twice a week in my Day job where I have to run
Vista Ultimate.