Re: [opensuse] How-to VETO a particular update?
  • From: Rodney Baker <rodney.baker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 18:21:18 +0930
On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 11:19:56 David C. Rankin wrote:
Rodney Baker wrote:
On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 03:38:00 Matthias Bach wrote:
Hi!

Am Montag 25 August 2008 schrieb Verner Kjærsgaard:
Now, YaST updater or whatever it's called now keeps suggesting that I
upgrade to the latest and shiniest Java 1.6-somthing. I don't want to.

How/where can I tell YaST to stop trying?

You could ceck if it helps to set the packge to protected in yast. You
have to right-click on the package to do so. The option seems not to be
available via the package menu.

However it seems somewhat strange to use an outdated java for something
security sensetive like banking.

Regards,
Matthias

Matthias,

I asked this question about a week ago under "Blacklisting certain
updates" and got no responses. In my original post I stated that YOU was
showing particular updates as available and wanting to install them
despite the packages being marked as protected in Yast. It would seem
that YOU and Yast don't treat the list of installed packages the same way
(or YOU does not check the status of installed packages to see if they're
protected).

In short, the answer seems to be that there is currently no (easy) way to
tell YOU to ignore or veto specific updates.

Rodney,

Seems like a bug report is in order: http://bugzilla.novell.com

Reported as Bug #420606.

Rodney Baker VK5ZTV