Re: [opensuse] Vista on VirtualBox
  • From: "Alexey Eremenko" <al4321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 18:05:57 +0300
On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 6:01 PM, Kai Ponte <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tuesday 26 August 2008 07:53:22 am Randall R Schulz wrote:

So it is the case that the user experience of Vista is not good without
a graphics card with "advanced 3D effects?" And to date there are no
virtualization systems the provide such a graphics adaptor in their
virtual machine environment, right?

So is Vista practical under virtualization?

From a Microsoft staff member's own words - Vista and Windows 2003 both run
fastest under XEN in SLES.

Highly unlikely. Xen cannot beat VBox.

Go figure.

Oh, and I haven't tried much of the effects. I can't stand that kind of thing,
which I why I don't run Compiz or Beryl.

I am running the VM on a dual-core 32-bit P-IV 2.0GHz system with 2G RAM, one
GB assigned to the VM, along with 128MB video.
He-he. 128MB won't help you. This is a 2D card, so you can reduce it
to 16MB VRAM.

--
-Alexey Eromenko "Technologov"