Re: [opensuse] New ATI Drivers today 8.8
  • From: "John Andersen" <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 13:50:11 -0700
On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 1:13 PM, Verner Kjærsgaard <vk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

David C. Rankin skrev:

John Andersen wrote:

https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206/0/www2.ati.com/drivers/linux/catalyst_88_linux.html

They work great!

Hi list :-)

- please forgive me for not seeing the obvious...but I've got an IBM
Thinkpad R50 sporting some ATI Radeon card. Some time ago I downloaded
"ati-driver-installer-8.14.13.run" and installed it. It runs quite ok,
albeit sometimes (Google Earth for example) some app can make it go
unstable. I then close the app and it usually is ok again.

Perhaps an upgrade would cure some of those small issues.

Now it comes; I cannot seem to find out from where to download what..??
There seem to be so many drivers, none comes close to my "RV250 Lf" card or
whatever it is...

Anyone?

As always,- thank you !

Depending on the vintage of your machine it could be any of these:
Video chipsets:

* 32MB ATI Mobility RADEON 7500 video chipset
* 32MB ATI Mobility RADEON 9000 video chipset
* 128MB ATI Mobility Fire GL T2 video chipset
* Intel 855GME

You download them (except intel) from here
http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html