Re: [opensuse] Back to 10.3
  • From: "John Andersen" <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 14:04:13 -0700
On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 1:27 PM, Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
* John Andersen <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx> [08-21-08 16:06]:

Its sad, really, that Opensuse has given themselves another black eye
with KDE4 so close to the scabbing over of the self inflicted wounds
they got when they revised the package management in 10.1.

What is really sad is your spreading of f.u.d. due to your
misconception of the basis KDE4 was provided, as a work in progress,
not a nuts-and-bolts replacement of KDE3.

Please stop with the fud!

It was never provided as a work in progress. Go read the announcement.
Go look what it actually says at install time. We've been over this a hundred
times on this list.

Here you have a user abandoning 11 for 10.3 ONLY because Opensuse sold
4.0/4.1 as the next great thing rather than an experimental release
that it clearly
is.

How does users dumping the entire product constitute FUD?

Yet you still hang around here jumping on ME every time I reply to one
of these threads.

Its way past time for you to just back off Patrick! Everybody hear
knows you are an
ardent apologist for KDE 4 and that you refuse to see its limitation.
The evidence
is at the top of this thread. Go back and read it. In the meantime,
get off my case.