Re: [opensuse] RFR: Printing From Browsers
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 07:02:45 -0700
On Wednesday 20 August 2008 12:53, Randall R Schulz wrote:
Hi,

I am almost always frustrated by the results of printing HTML pages
from Firefox (I'm using version 2.0.x). ...

Does anyone know of a browser that does well with printing?

I'm replying to my own message as a catch-all for the responses that
came in overnight.

Thanks everybody for the feedback and ideas. A few specific replies:

- I'm aware of (but far from an expert with) CSS and its specific
accommodations for alternative output media, but it would have to be an
extraordinary case in which I mirrored a page's HTML and other
resources, including stylesheets, so that I could fix the CSS (while
learning how to do so)!

- The sliced text line problem is definitely happening in Firefox
2.0.10.

- I think creating a raster page or document image and manipulating it
with GIMP is a bit more work that I'm willing to carry out.

- I'll try the PDF route.

- I'll also try Opera. I've experimented with it in the past and my
recollection was that it's a techy dream, with bazillions of
configurable options.

Thanks again.

Randall Schulz