Re: [opensuse] RFR: Printing From Browsers
  • From: Manne Merak <mannemerak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 10:05:21 +0200
Daniel Bauer wrote:
Randall R Schulz wrote:
Hi,

I am almost always frustrated by the results of printing HTML pages from
Firefox (I'm using version 2.0.x). The most common problem I encounter
is that text lines mean nothing to the pagination process and it is
common for a row of text to be sliced horizontally and split across a
page boundary.

Does anyone know of a browser that does well with printing?

I guess this is not a problem of the browser but of the design of the web pages: many web programmers and older sites (including some of my own ones...) still use tables and fixed width, size and position declarations instead of a floating design that adapts to different screen or paper sizes.

However, the opera browser gives you a lot of possibilities to change the appearance of a page. You can view the structure of a page and en- or desable the parts that are disturbing a proper print output.

kind regards

Daniel
Yes but if the browser can render the page correctly on the screen canvas it should theoretically be able to render it correctly to a paper canvas (using some scaling factor).
If it does not display correctly I would agree it is a page layout issue.

Manne