Re: [opensuse] openSUSE 11.0 automatic update applet - does it stop running after updating?
  • From: "Michael Roberts" <mrioce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 23:52:49 +0200
2008/8/17 Michael Roberts <mrioce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
... I will continue to monitor this to see whether updates
are detected correctly and that the applet continues to be active.

Well what has happened so far is that the applet has hung up with an
unexpected error - please report this error with the error
description. I have already raised bug Bug 408689 referring to such
internal errors:
"repo-non-oss: Valid metadata not found at specified URL(s)"

I suspect that one cause of such errors is a network failure, which
happens from time to time with my wifi connection to this computer. Of
course, the applet should recover gracefully and not hang up for ever.
I will acknowledge this error and see what happens next...