Re: [opensuse] openSUSE 11.0 automatic update applet - does it stop running after updating?
  • From: "Michael Roberts" <mrioce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 03:16:07 +0200
2008/8/17 Michael S. Dunsavage <mikesd@xxxxxxx>
On Sun, 2008-08-17 at 02:01 +0200, Michael Roberts wrote:
Is there a log of the results of the latest requests?
Is there a web page which lists current updates and when they were
made available?

Look in /var/log/zypp-refresh.log infact pipe a "grep zypp-refresh" to
that command.

I manually told the little applet "check now" while tail -f
zypp-refresh.log and my screen came alive, so I think that's where the
log you're asking about is. well @ least that's the KDE applet, heh.
But zypper is for the system so it should do the same thing.

Thanks for the reply.
Hmm. I do not have zypp-refresh.log . I do have zypper.log and have left
sudo tail -f /var/log/zypper.log running overnight, to see what it
says tomorrow.