Re: [opensuse] Re: Email Security question: Hijacked email !!! was: Vista
  • From: "Amedee Van Gasse" <amedee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 11:05:59 +0200 (CEST)
On Sat, August 9, 2008 03:18, John Andersen wrote:

It does. At the SMTP level. I'm looking at the protocol level, you are
looking at the data level.

Yup. I'm looking at what is available in real data. You are looking at
theory.

I think I don't like where this is going.

But I know this: because you are using gmail, you are probably not running
your own mailserver, at least not for receiving mail from this list. That
means you don't have access to server logs.
I am running my own postfix installation and I have access to the logs.
That means you have only the client-side information of the email story,
while I have both client-side and server-side.

This is not to, I don't know how to say this in English, treat you like
someone inferior or something. I really, really want to help you by
sharing the information that you are missing, so that you can see the
entire picture.
I'm really sorry that my positive attitude towards you isn't understood
the way I intended.

Kind regards,

Amedee