Re: [opensuse] OpenSuse
  • From: steve <sfreilly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2008 23:10:38 -0400

Larry Stotler wrote:
On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 7:09 PM, Amedee Van Gasse <amedee@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Actually, the current vanilla Linux kernel supports more hardware devices
out of the box than the 5 year old Windows XP without additional driver
coasters ever did.

Uh, guys, XP came out in 2001, not 2003.

As for wanting to wait 4-5 hours while I install updates and
anti-everything to even be able to use XP, I'll stick with SuSE. I
work on WinDoZe crap all day at work.

same here, youll get a laugh outta this one. my employer switched from
win 95, yes I said WIN 95 !!! to xp last year on workstations. But,
oddly enough servers that run the controllers for pos/pob all run sles9.
go figure.

- --
Steve Reilly

http://reillyblog.com