Re: [opensuse] Turning off OpenSSH password authenication
  • From: "John Andersen" <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 15:17:24 -0700
On Sun, Aug 3, 2008 at 10:57 AM, James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've updated my firewall to OpenSUSE v11.0. I'm trying to disable password
authentication, without much luck. I've set passwordauthenitication to no
in sshd_config, but I can still log in using a password. Is there something
I'm missing, as this used to be simple to do.

tnx jk

Did you restart sshd? rcsshd restart?

Also, if you installed your public key in authroized_keys on the
server, it might
be failing password authentication and then simply turning around and
using your public/private key pairs
giving the appearance of working.

Try logging in as a different user.