Re: [opensuse] How do you "roam" wirelessly?
  • From: James Pifer <jep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2008 17:57:43 -0400

It isn't nearly as good as the utility i've seen with vista but it is more or
less functional.

Unfortunately, it has little in the way of information *about* any given
network - security/pass or fail/reliability. It will also sometimes show a
network then not depending on the phase of the moon.

I've tried to connect to a couple of unsecured routers around my house,
but it keeps falling back and connecting to my router. It's possible
they have MAC filtering on and it's just failing, but I doubt it. I'll
try it again when I'm out of range of my own and see what happens.

I'm open to any suggestions or experience others have had that might
save me some fiddling....

James