Re: [opensuse] Console login before x login
  • From: jdd sur free <jdanield@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2008 14:04:09 +0200
Tamas Sarga a écrit :
Hi,

I noticed that in OpenSUSE 11.0 I can't login to console, until I login
by KDM. I can do it in 10.3. So I think it is a regression, how could I
get over it?
If some reason, x couldn't start, then I can't login to the machine. Yes
I know, that I can reboot and init 3, but in this case I have to hard
reset a running system with mounted partitions, what doesn't seem wise
to me.

I don't understand. init 5 go straight to graphic login in any linux I know of.

you can set init 3 as boot option using yast or simply modifiyng /etc/inittab as root

you can also do "control alt F1" (or 2...) to open a terminal, or issue and "init 3" as root in an xter (this don't reboot the network)

jdd
--
Jean-Daniel Dodin
Président du CULTe