Re: [opensuse] help! How did EDITOR=/usr/bin/joe get set and how do I get vi back -- permanently?
  • From: peter nikolic <p.nikolic1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 08:31:50 +0100
On Saturday 02 August 2008, Carlos E. R. wrote:
The Friday 2008-08-01 at 20:37 -0500, David C. Rankin wrote:
kernel hacker???

You have obviously never worked with Wordstart or one of it off shoots
in dos then cus joe follows the same keyboard shortcuts / functions joe
is great drn vi is way way way too much like edlin to be used
nightmares are made of lesser things .

It looked a lot like dos wordperfect... I was fine once I found ^k+h ;-)

Now you know how we feel when we suddenly find ourselves inside vi,
till we learn about "[esc]:q!" or "killall vi" if we dont! >:-)

--
Cheers,
Carlos E. R.

I always end up resorting to the latter even had the man page up but ho
humm .

--
SuSE Linux 10.3-Alpha3. (Linux is like a wigwam - no Gates, no Windows, and an
Apache inside.)