Re: [opensuse] SuSE10.3 mouse and keyboard still locking up
  • From: Clive Rogers <c.rogers@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 09:39:36 +0100
On Wednesday 30 July 2008 00:51:50 Carlos E. R. wrote:
The Tuesday 2008-07-29 at 20:25 +0100, Clive Rogers wrote:
I managed to ssh into the SuSE box and get the .xsession-errors from my
home directory. The so called lockup started at 20.03 and finished at
20.14. This file is from the 20.14 after I got the keyboard and mouse
back.

Can anyone see in this file what is causing these holds on the mouse and
keyboard. This mouse and keyboard are wireless and the wireless
receiver is plugged into the PS2 ports.

Wireless? It could be radio interference... I don't know if that thing can
log anything somewhere else Perhaps the kernel log, increasing verbosity.

I would try another keyboard, preferable by wire.

No, I don't see anything in the log...

--
Cheers,
Carlos E. R.

I turned off the wireless router last night and have not had a "lockup" since.

I don't know if older wireless mouse and keyboard (some 8 years old) get any
kind of interference from the newer wireless gear.

I also have bluetooth on my other PC but again I am unsure if this would
interfear with wireless mouse and keyboard from 7 or 8 years ago.

Anyone got any experience of this kind of playing up of wireless technology ?

I have also now remembered that on my laptop running XP Home/Kubuntu dual boot
system my mouse pointer would jump to one of the corners every now and then.
This would happen when you least expect it. With my wired mouse it would not
happen. So this is 2 PC's that have a weird problem.

Is this some type of RF interference again ?

--
Clive.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/c.rogers/

Fighting for darker skies.