Re: [opensuse] Change 11.0 from SunJava 1.6 to IBMJava 1.6
  • From: Ed Harrison <ed.harrison@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 15:24:07 -0400
Sunny wrote:
On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 7:56 AM, Ed Harrison <ed.harrison@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have always preferred IBM java to Sun's. When I look in /usr/lib/jvm, I
see all these symlinks within the directory and also to /etc/alternatives.

How can I make IBM java the default for all these?

Ed

#> /usr/sbin/update-alternatives java

Well, that didn't go very well. I found it easier to go to /etc/alternatives and manually change jre, java, javaws and javaplugin.

I did this after doing man update-alternatives, and taking 2 aspirin. It's fixed, so I want be calling again in the morning.

Thanks for the pointer. I can tell update-alternatives is powerful, but I found manual changes much easier than trying to understand it all. I just hope something doesn't automatically change it all back later.

Ed