Re: [opensuse] Rsync question
  • From: Don Raboud <dwraboud@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 06:27:58 -0600
On Monday 28 July 2008 06:18:20 am Dave Howorth wrote:
J Beris wrote:
Can someone tell me if it is possible
to have rsync retain the data in the backup for say another 14 or 30
days before purging them? I have looked at the man page, but haven't
found an answer to my question there. Does someone have an idea, please?

Don't use rsync directly; use one of the backup systems that already
provide the functionality you want (and use rsync internally).

I use dirvish, I know of rdiff-backup, I expect there are others. I
don't know which are in current opensuse distributions.

Have a look at storebackup as well.

--
Don