[opensuse] Re: DVD only plays copyright notice
  • From: "Charles philip Chan" <cpchan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 22:20:17 -0400
Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

Could be something as simple as a bad disc. I've found that a few
discs that are unreadable by my DVD-ROM drives are readable in a
standard DVD player but they display some artifacts that show that
there's a data error. Seems PC drives are a lot more sensitive to
this sort of problem.

Or it could be a recent Sony disc with a new anti-piracy scheme. For
this you will need a SVN version of Mplayer linked against the SVN
version of dvdnav from the mplayer site.

Charles

< Previous Next >