[opensuse] Re: Order 11.0 now - Free shipping.
  • From: Richard Ibbotson <richard.ibbotson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 22:41:54 +0100

Carl Spitzer wrote:
On Sat, 2008-06-07 at 19:05 -0400, James Knott wrote:
On Saturday 19 July 2008 21:36:06 Clayton wrote:
When I sold computers UPS was nortorous for getting lost in
Canada so we used FedEx.
You might have a friend order it and send it to you that way.
UPS is DEFINITELY the single worst choice for a courier in Canada.
My family lives in Canada, and UPS never has gotten a delivery
right.. ever. Usually UPS ends up taking the package back and
forth for several weeks between two cities that are 300 and 600 km
away from where my parents live. I have found it easier to buy a
copy of openSUSE in Europe, and ship it myself to Canada... not
only easier, but it is faster to get it delivered AND cheaper than
paying UPS to loose the package.

In northern England it's known as "UUuuPss .... they've delivered to
the wrong place again !" In south-east Australia around Sydney
things are the similar.

Thanks to UPS and Fedex (in the UK) I've had to give up on buying
Linux CD/DVDs and get a broadband connection instead. When I buy
things online I have to check to see who is delivering before I go
any further.

--
Richard
www.sheflug.org.uk