Re: [opensuse] Order 11.0 now - Free shipping.
  • From: Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 22:36:06 +0200
When I sold computers UPS was nortorous for getting lost in Canada so we
used FedEx.
You might have a friend order it and send it to you that way.

Aside from the added cost, how would that help to convince them to not use
UPS? So long as they ship only UPS, I will not buy.

UPS is DEFINITELY the single worst choice for a courier in Canada. My
family lives in Canada, and UPS never has gotten a delivery right..
ever. Usually UPS ends up taking the package back and forth for
several weeks between two cities that are 300 and 600 km away from
where my parents live. I have found it easier to buy a copy of
openSUSE in Europe, and ship it myself to Canada... not only easier,
but it is faster to get it delivered AND cheaper than paying UPS to
loose the package.

C.