Re: [opensuse] kde 4.1 beta
  • From: Will Stephenson <wstephenson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 13:56:04 +0200
On Tuesday 01 July 2008 20:23:46 Clayton wrote:
Still can't drag and drop desktop files I want to drag a file out of a
folder on the desktop onto the desktop and then put it into an already
existing folder somewhere else on the same the same desktop. just like in
3.5. How do i do that? Hoe also do I select a bunch of files from the
desktop.

Please help. I'm using suSE 11.0. Please don't give alternatives. I know
I can do it by a hundred other ways. I want to do it THIS way. If you
can't do it. Then please say 'you can't do it.

As far as i know, you can't do that yet. You need to use a file
manager. From what I read in a few places, drag/drop on the desktop
is in an upcoming release... hang in there :-)

So.. for now, just use Konqueror or Dolphin.

Right, or KDE 3.5. If your workflows revolve around using icons on the
desktop I would stick to 3.5 as your desktop and just use any KDE 4 apps you
need.

Will