Re: [opensuse] Demand for a KDE 3 LiveCD?
  • From: Will Stephenson <wstephenson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 13:47:59 +0200
On Thursday 10 July 2008 15:25:50 Larry Stotler wrote:
On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 4:02 PM, Will Stephenson <wstephenson@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I've been reading the various KDE 3/4 threads on this list and would like
to gauge the demand for a KDE 3.5.x based openSUSE LiveCD. My aim is to
see if it's worth doing and then to form the germ of a group to build and
care for it. Apparently, and I'm a LiveCD building noob, it's easier
than falling out of bed, but it might not seem like that, looking in.
Any takers? (Answers to opensuse-kde@xxxxxxxxxxxx - reply-to: is set).

All for it. Either that, or a stripped down KDE4 that looks and works
more like KDE3.

Having tried to install from the KDE4 liveCD, I was unable to remove
KDE4 and replace it with KDE3 without dependency hell.

I would definately be willing to help out in any way I can - like testing.

Great. Can you attend next week's KDE IRC meeting?
(http://en.opensuse.org/KDE/Meetings) and we'll soon find ways for you to
help. If the time doesn't fit, shout and we'll set something else up.

regards

Will