Re: [opensuse] locate ?
  • From: Erik Jakobsen <erik_ja@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 21:07:41 +0200
Charles philip Chan wrote:
Erik Jakobsen <erik_ja@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

While ago I always used the locate command to find instances I want to
look for on my system.
Now it doesn't work anylonger.

Most likely the db haven't been built- IIRC is has been disabled by
default for quite some time now. Check your values in
/etc/sysconfig/locate. You might want to run updatedb manually for now
if you don't want to wait for the cron job to kick in.

Charles

Thanks Charles.

I have run updatedb since a while too, but this has not given me the opportunity.

I have here some of the settings (default) from /etc/sysconfig/locate:

RUN_UPDATEDB=yes

RUN_UPDATEDB_AS=nobody

Erik