Re: [opensuse] A BIG "show stopper" for openSUSE at the corporate level anyway!!
  • From: "Ciro Iriarte" <cyruspy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 23:09:10 -0400
2008/7/5 Joe Sloan <joe@xxxxxxxxxx>:
Ciro Iriarte wrote:

2008/7/5 Joe Sloan <joe@xxxxxxxxxx>:

Ciro Iriarte wrote:

We use SLES, it's as lacking as opensuse in that field (storage
administration/troubleshooting)...

Interesting... We have sles file servers hooked up to emc storage over fiber
channel, nary a bit of trouble with it.

Joe

It works, the problem is there are no diagnostic tools nor
documentation.... I previous versions you got HBA info from
/proc/scsi/lpfc (emulex) or /proc/scsi/qlaxxx (qlogic), new driver
stores info on /sys/class/fc_host and had to find that out in
forums... There's no info about that in the documentation...

Also, how would you list all the visible luns per HBA (to check
presentation issues)?, there's no documentation either, nor tools that
do that....

Regards,
Ciro