Re: [opensuse] Are there ANY compelling reasons to upgrade to 11.0?
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 11:12:24 -0500
On Saturday 05 July 2008 10:37:15 am Michael Letourneau wrote:

Is there any how-to on doing this, I haven't touched anything in this
area before but I definitely would agree it would be nice to know what
updates are out there for your installed packages other than just
security related stuff and the like....

I didn't use updater for a while, but I would like to have clearly separated
treatment of security and critical patches from general information that some
software has new version available. Having all in one bag is not good idea.

It could be as simple solution to output update repository as separate list,
while everything else will go in another list. With ability to tell updater
which list to use first, second or both, everybody would be happy.

--
Regards, Rajko
http://en.opensuse.org/Portal needs helpful hands.