Re: [opensuse] Screwed up big time
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 12:25:31 +0200 (CEST)

The Friday 2008-07-04 at 20:50 -0400, Bob S wrote:

As you can see in the other response I have recovered the partitions. But, I
still have the problem of not being able to boot without the drive being
plugged in. I did select the option to NOT mount at boot time, and I did
assign Volume labels for each partition. Because of that it made entries in
fstab.

Can I just delete those entries from fstab so that it will boot without the
drive being plugged in? The drive works as expected on my 10.0 OS. bringing
up the "Device Found" windows which I can open and see.

Instead of delete, just coment them out, ie, write a # as the first char of the line. Make sure there are no other lines refering to the same disk from the previous install.

However, writing a "noauto" on the options section should be enough. Ah, you need a "0 0" at the end, too. Or perhpas it is "nofail", I haven't tested this.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.