Re: [opensuse] Screwed up big time
  • From: "Alexey Matveichev" <alexey.matveichev@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 15:37:18 +0400
That was annoying to have it plugged in all of the time and have the drive
running uselessly. Here is the stupid part. I went into Yast partitioner and
deleted the partitions on the drive thinking I would be able to reconfigure
it somehow. Now it boots fine without the drive being plugged in but the
drive is no longer found when I do plug it in.

I guess I have ruined it. Nothing on it to be seen, Any way to bring this new
drive back to life?

Bob S

What do you mean by "no longer found when I do plug it in"? If you
mean that it doesn't open Nautilus window when you plug disk in, then
it's OK cause you're deleted all partitions from it. If there's no
info about plugged drive in "dmegs" then it's not very good. Try to
recreate partitions on pluggable drive, format them and I think
everything will be OK.

Alexey