Re: [opensuse] WiFi scanning in Knetworkmanager not that great
  • From: Mike McMullin <mwmcmlln@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 02:21:08 -0400
On Wed, 2008-07-02 at 17:03 -0400, James Knott wrote:
Boris Epstein wrote:
On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 4:50 PM, James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've noticed that the scanning in Knetworkmanager in OpenSUSE 11.0 doesn't
work very well. Right now, as I sit at my desk, it only shows 4 networks
and doesn't even show mine. On the other hand, my N800 shows 8 networks,
including mine. I think this part should go back to the way it worked in
10.3, as that worked well.

On my laptop I've got 10.3 and I use WiFi Radar which seems to work
just fine. Have you tried that?

Boris.

No, I haven't tried it. However Knetworkmanager used to work well in
that respect, but it has since been "improved" so that it doesn't.

Yes it fails in that regard. I thought the way it worked in 10.3 was
superior to the way Windows handles connections, now we are at par or
below. :(