[opensuse] Re: can't send mail using seamonkey on comcast
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 00:52:37 +0000 (UTC)
On Tue, 01 Jul 2008 16:50:51 -0700, Joseph Zieniewicz wrote:

Comcast
did something to prevent linux users from using seamonkey or
thunderbird.

Try taking a trace with wireshark of the connection attempt. That should
tell you what the problem is.

I would seriously doubt Comcast was specifically making it impossible for
Seamonkey/Thunderbird on Linux to connect, but on Windows it's fine.

(Given that my mother uses Comcast and I connected fine from a Linux box,
I can say that from direct experience)

Jim

--
Jim Henderson