[opensuse] Differences between a file server and a shared folder
  • From: "Bogdan Cristea" <cristeab@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 15:58:06 +0200
I would like to have an expert opinion about the differences
between a file server and a shared folder.
My particular situation: I have a Windows server with one folder
shared which also does a safety back-up to a second hard-disk each
time someone copyies something into the shared folder. However I don't
see much difference with respect to a simple shared folder (in Windows
or Linux).
Perhaps someone could explain what are the advantages (if any) of
using a file server.
thanks
--
Bogdan Cristea