Re: [opensuse] is anyone using kde4 in 11.0?
  • From: Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 20:43:37 +0200
If so, what for and what is your opinion?

I'm using it my VBox install of 11.0, and I like it. I updated it to
the latest build, and that improved things dramatically. I will be
using it on my main install as well once I finally convince my
computer to read the DVDs I burnt for installing (separate issue).

There are a few problems... a few missing bits here and there, but
it's not as bad as the weeping and moaning on the list would lead
people to believe. I went through the same in the transition from
KDE2 to KDE3. It was bumpy to begin with, and people yelled that the
sky was falling etc etc.

So, my opinion... I like it, I will be using it on all my computers,
and in my VMs (I use several VMs for work/job related stuff).

C.